mymomtoldmenottoblog: The Hell with "parenting".






Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Hell with "parenting".

I am done.
done.
DONE!

M1 is a disaster.
M2 doesn't even pretend to listen to me.
the md...well yeah, she's just an annoying toddler at the moment... but the constant whine/screeching at the top of my lungs.... 'tis wearing thin.

So I've come to the conclusion that those people who are happiest as parents are the ones who don't necessarily "parent" their children. You know the ones... they have it all together, have nice clothes, hair done all the time ... never have to discipline their children. yeah we all see them . I want to be one... just without the new clothes, not worth it and I believe it is against the rules to make nice clothes in my size.

So, no more reminding M1 to look both ways before crossing the back lanes. You go ahead and cross the street without me... not that you listen until I'm screaming at the top of my lungs to get you to not walk into traffic. Go ahead, be miserable and nasty and snarly with anyone you want. Who needs friends? Certainly not you. I'm quite content with that. Makes my life easier to know that no one would even come and play with you even if we tried to invite them.

M2 you go ahead and take off at any time. I'm fine not knowing where you are. I adore having people bring you back with those lovely condescending looks of "gee can't control any of them can you?". Sure, scream and snarl at me... I obviously don't get enough of it from your older brother. Oh yeah and this idea of using the toilet. Screw that. I was foolish to think that just maybe I'd have an easier time of it with you. Then again... should have realized that with the crap that has been happening with your brother, I have probably screwed you up too.

So that leave the md. I figure she is learning everything from the older ones... maybe if I don't try and correct the behaviors she will turn out normal. I mean, who cares if you take off in the opposite direction of your brothers? Which one of you do I try and get at first? Really.... what a coin toss! I'm done.

Yes, I'll just let them do whatever they want from now on. I will not worry about their safety. I will not care about their behavior. And really, they certainly haven't benefited from my parenting so far. Their behavior is awful and therefore the awful parenting is to blame.

I've come to this conclusion, because today was the last straw. I never want to spend the entire morning crying over the disasters that are my children.
Perhaps tendering my resignation for this whole gig is for the best.
Yup.
I quit.
I am no longer a mom to monsters...
I'm just the damn zoo keeper. Keep them fed and watered... that is it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger cooler*doula said...

Yes, indeed. It does seem at times that the little fuckers are actually tryng to kill us, doesn't it? Remarkably shortsighted of them considering they're not especially equipped to survive in the world until, oh 25?

Hoping that they come to their senses soon.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter