mymomtoldmenottoblog: me? mean?! REALLY?






Thursday, March 22, 2007

me? mean?! REALLY?

*WARNING!!! I am link a holic this evening...
beware! If you've read all the drivel before, feel free to not
click. But the IAI said I'm mean... so I decided to ramble and link
and ramble some more. I don't get bullets, so I use words, not great
words, but words. And she says that bullets are wasted on the stupid... so
there!

AND, despite the grumbling I do here. I DO NOT Pull this kind of
attitude with anyone other than those nearest and dearest MWAH!!!
LOVE YOU ALL FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY INANE BIRTHY ISSUES!
Dear techie friend said she needed a "suck it up princess
(this is supposed to hurt) doula", the name stuck... but I have yet to
actually use it, in labour, with anyone. I respect that people have the
right to do what they feel is best for themselves and their unborn children...
but when they refuse to take any control, education or responsibility... I get
irritated... ahem mean.



Okay, so maybe I'm a little mean...
I prefer to think that I am more along the lines of brutally honest, emotionally honest? Ummm smarter? C'mon I AM! in this case!!!
sigh...
Okay, so I'm getting some glee out of the fates biting her in the butt.
Lets take a look at reality though...
Today a friend called to ask my opinion on what to say to someone who has had a second trimester miscarriage/fetal demise/whatever you want to call it... IT SUCKS. Something this friend and I share in common as well though... I think we spent more time discussing the stupid things (and amazingly beautiful gestures)that were said to us... not sure if I was any help at all really.
So yeah, here was a wanted baby, a person happy to be pregnant. And now they aren't. *and I use the plural, because no one ever acknowledged husbands feelings when we lost a pregnancy at 11 weeks.

But there is the whiny car pool gal, who openly admits to not liking children.
Whines about not enough "me time".
Is miserable because the cat broke a Christmas ornament... and meows too much... and isn't allowed in their room because it wants too much attention.
Read What to Expect like a BIBLE... despite asking my husband what books he'd recommend.
*he told her to burn it! She did not.
Tried to tell her OB that she did not want an episiotomy (whoa... she actually knew what she was talking about with that one? How bizarre) and had the OB laugh at her.
AND YET SHE STAYED THE COURSE!

Of course I'm betting that she will have a complete and total breakdown before leaving the hospital.
I am also betting that one of them is now going to break with the plan and get desperate for another one... just because this one isn't the gender they wanted...
I can guarantee that the kid will be on formula by the end of the first week. She is so not ready to be up all night with a demanding baby... not that I was ever pleased with that situation either... but I have doubts that she will stick it out, or ask for help if things aren't going well.
Despite all the mean things I'm saying out loud ... do not get me started on the name! Who names their kid after the "dumb one" from a pop culture sitcom? Really, no joke. Add it to the incredibly Ukrainian last name... it just sounds bad. bad. bad.
So despite the mean things...
I feel sorry for that baby.
I feel sorry that it's parents didn't think this through a bit more.
I'm sorry that it will be a source of stress and frustration and a lot of resentment... because it was all those things even before the birth.
I'm sorry baby. Wish I could help your mama... I tried. Sorry.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Fiesty!
And this is why you can live in my world when the revolution comes.
Damn, don't keep all this pent up, you may explode!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you mocking me?

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter