mymomtoldmenottoblog: Dawson College






Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dawson College

My most favorite prof teaches there.
No one has gotten through to his house.
No one has gotten through to his wife, at work (Concordia) or home.
Their eldest son has a voice mail message saying he was heading home for some family time with this afternoon as his departure.

Please let him be okay.

And by the way God... what the heck is the problem with Montreal? I mean really?! How much more can they take?! C'mon this is getting to be a little much. I have people I love there. I want to take my children there and show them my old stomping grounds, where my grandparents lived. Where their grandfather lived and worked, the mosque where they were married (breathe people, it was a Presbyterian church in the 60's)... Bens. My children will know a Bens special! I want to walk through the grounds of Concordia. I want to walk Atwater and all the neat shops. So yeah, not so happy!

I'm sure his wife is busy helping out at the makeshift centre set up for the student from D. College. It is actually quite a nice walk between the two schools. Their son is a freelance photographer... work combined with making sure mom and dad are okay? Please. Just give Ari a call you twit! Okay, so I'm the same age, but I'm allowed to call him a twit in times of worry... right? Call Ari and then we can all know that everything is okay.

or not.

Just let him be okay. I just read a paper he gave at a conference over the summer. There is too much he can still contribute. And I still need to meet him at Bens one night to talk Kirkegaard. We still have differing attitudes over one of his books... must have time to argue it again... just one more night sitting up drinking too much caffeine, eating, laughing, thinking. One more night.

Please be okay L... I promise I'll never call you by your proper title (Dr. N____) again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter