There are days.... I'd like to be single again.
him: Hi there I'm just leaving
me: How was the meeting?
him: It was cancelled, going to have it on Friday after school.
me incredulous: it was cancelled and you are just leaving NOW?
him defensive and snarly: well I got a lot of stuff done.
me thinking... the next time you complain I never want to spend time with you, that I don't bother to stay up with you, or heck that I never seem to want to talk to you.... remember that you could have been home earlier one or two nights this week. That you could have told the carpool gal that "no it isn't okay to switch off driving" so that you drive ten of the twelve first days of school, we both know she'll pull a guilt trip on you if you ask her to drive an extra day at some other point. And that I seriously wonder why on earth you leave so early in the morning if not to "get things done so you can leave at the end of the day without any worries" that one is your quote. Yours. And I no longer believe a word of it.
I can hardly wait for March. At least then I know I won't ever have a car. Husband is going to end up optional for a while yet. The wardrobe has arrived. Yeah, getting that together will be such a joy...
Will someone please shoot me now!!!
*the dog just threw up... lovely.
me: How was the meeting?
him: It was cancelled, going to have it on Friday after school.
me incredulous: it was cancelled and you are just leaving NOW?
him defensive and snarly: well I got a lot of stuff done.
me thinking... the next time you complain I never want to spend time with you, that I don't bother to stay up with you, or heck that I never seem to want to talk to you.... remember that you could have been home earlier one or two nights this week. That you could have told the carpool gal that "no it isn't okay to switch off driving" so that you drive ten of the twelve first days of school, we both know she'll pull a guilt trip on you if you ask her to drive an extra day at some other point. And that I seriously wonder why on earth you leave so early in the morning if not to "get things done so you can leave at the end of the day without any worries" that one is your quote. Yours. And I no longer believe a word of it.
I can hardly wait for March. At least then I know I won't ever have a car. Husband is going to end up optional for a while yet. The wardrobe has arrived. Yeah, getting that together will be such a joy...
Will someone please shoot me now!!!
*the dog just threw up... lovely.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home