mymomtoldmenottoblog: First Kindergarten meeting






Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Kindergarten meeting

So it went incredibly well. Frighteningly well.
There is a side door to go in to get to the classroom. Which will be a little easier than the front entrance. I can probably leave the wagon/stroller there for the few minutes to get him in and to the classroom. This school does not have any handicap access. Guess those who would need it have to go to another school... hate to have a kid with crutches at that school though! yeesh!
Monster #1 listened for the most part. He will have to get used to having to stand up (and still) for the national anthem. He decided that he was "too tired" today.
Teacher is a hoot! Know her midwife quite well, caught her up to date on what this woman is doing. She also showed me the parent drop in centre. Which is where monster #2 had his fit because he certainly believed parting with the toy he was playing with warranted a massive melt down. Ahhhh two more years and he can go to preschool! Woo hoo.... ugh I had hoped it started at age three... shucks.
So for the hour + of my life that I lost last night with my husband hollering ahem, speaking to me like a naughty student about how I should behave, how I have to behave as a parent, how I have to.... blah blah blah.... It was all for nothing.
Things went just fine.
Now whether or not I feel like being on speaking terms with my husband by the time he decides to show up tonight is another matter. Then again, I'm a pretty self centred horrible parent to begin with, who makes his life incredibly difficult.
yeah... not ready to be friends yet. Talk to me once I've "sucked it up".

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

My ears are burning.

And standing still for the national anthem is overrated. After 15 years of public school practice, I still can't do it, and it hasn't prevented me from being the upstanding citizen I am today.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter