Some background for those who don't know me...
Figure I ought to explain some of this to those who are new to my site.
I'm going through a bit of a rough time with the ptsd right now. Haven't been this bad in a while.
So I'll give some back ground without making people read every single pathetic word I've written...
This is one of the first times I spoke of my ptsd issue.
Here is what is happening yet again in my life these days. I'm actually to the point of where I can't stop shaking when I hear an ambulance. I started to cry today, out of embarrassment in front of some of the other parents in monster #1's class. I was so horrified that I couldn't stop shaking. At least I didn't throw up huh?
I actually did very well during the anniversary of md's birth.
I have got to get this under control.
really I do.
I'm going through a bit of a rough time with the ptsd right now. Haven't been this bad in a while.
So I'll give some back ground without making people read every single pathetic word I've written...
This is one of the first times I spoke of my ptsd issue.
Here is what is happening yet again in my life these days. I'm actually to the point of where I can't stop shaking when I hear an ambulance. I started to cry today, out of embarrassment in front of some of the other parents in monster #1's class. I was so horrified that I couldn't stop shaking. At least I didn't throw up huh?
I actually did very well during the anniversary of md's birth.
I have got to get this under control.
really I do.
Labels: ptsd, the monster daughter...


2 Comments:
You know, there is medication that can help this. I was just reading a disturbing article about the trend of docs to stop diagnosing PTSD in Iraqi War veterans b/c 1: there's a PR war to be waged and 2: the gov't never budgeted for mental health care.
That being besides the point, the article went on to elaborate how there is a definite brain change occurring in those with PTSD and in many cases the increase in Serotonin can help. Just my 2 crappy cents.
Emotional Freedom Technique is HIGHLY effective for PTSD (and it's easy, and its cheap, and there are no side-effects). The manual to learn about it is free to download from emofreedotcom, or if you want I can mail you a copy. I'm not sure if there are any EFT practitioners in your neck of the woods, but I could find out?
.... I don't like to see anyone suffer. :(
Post a Comment
<< Home