Not sure what to think of this one...
I've heard all kinds of things about this new vaccine against HPV... but in the fairly new role of parent to a girl.
Not sure what to make of this from Texas.
Not sure what to make of this from Texas.


3 Comments:
I like it. If they came up with an AIDS vaccine, I'd sign the kid up for that, too. I think all these parents who are pissy because they think it will encourage sexual activity in their kids are warped - so if the daughters do stray from their religious convictions and do the deed, they're to be punished by being put at risk for cervical cancer?
Don't get me started.
However, I'm glad we have a good 10 years before GC needs to start getting the shots. I'd like a little longer usage time before I give my kid some new vaccine.
Like it or not - it's certainly not the states place to tell me to vax or not...especially with a hot one like this. Personally we would not vax against this - it's not about religious convictions or anything- promiscuity has not been helpful for anyone on any front- don't want my daughters sleeping around for many fears one of which could be HPV. I think there is a bit of a vax circus going on with few looks at prevention..
...and by prevention - I mean being proactive about health and wellness from a non-medical point of view
It's like developing a vaccine for smoker's to lessen the risk of lung cancer when the obvious answer would be to quit the cancer-causing smoking - but I guess the prevention wouldn't line enough pharmaceutical companies pockets...??
shalyn
On the one hand, it seems like a good idea... On the other, who likes to be told to 'have to' vaccinate...? Although I do agree that I'd be all over an AIDS vaccine.
An interesting dilemma - or - just another day as a parent, right?
Post a Comment
<< Home