The rash is back...
So, I'm sorting clothes for a huge yard sale. I can not keep my little teeny tiny people clothes... I might try and talk myself into another baby. And deep down I know I don't need another baby. And my brain when thinking about it, knows I don't want another baby.
But the girl clothes. Oh the things nqmd wore... So much pink... So cute, so beautiful...
I have kept a few things for each child. Things that matter, the onesie with John Lennon sketches we bought at twelve weeks with Monster #1. The Orange Osh Kosh outfit while pregnant with Monster #2 and we couldn't get his heartbeat at the appointment that day. The clothes I sent to the hospital for nqmd to come home in.
She never wore the jammies again, but the undershirt was pink and was worn often. My midwife hunted in the birth box for the bag with the "girly" clothes I had discreetly wrapped up with hesitation... You can barely see the flowers on the sleeper, but the pink undershirt was there!
I'm not so much mourning the "last baby" thoughts... more the fact that she is growing so fast. In fact rather too fast (According to the new WHO guidelines, only 5 % of girls are the same length as her!). It is going so fast.
Then again, I have things to look forward to as well.
Thanks to amazing techie (cyberstalker?) friend Jenn for these blasts from the past blog!!!
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Painted toes...
This is something that I have no idea how to do...
Thank goodness for Aunt Jenn, she will show us the way into girly world.
And yes, I did try the orange clip... monster #1 had the purple one, I had the pink one. We all had enough hair.. all round! YEAH!
posted by mm at 20:31 0 comments
Hurricanes in the kitchen and girly things...
I think one has... or is it just my being lazy? I have full knowledge that my husband will NOT be home before at least six p.m. ... so I am in no rush to do anything... Then again on those days he comes home to disaster, he says nothing then either. He just wades into the dishes and "putters". I think I am a lonely woman in that he actually enjoys cleaning!
Today after my very much appreciated, take the last of the warm water between loads of laundry, shower I found a recent purchase. I opened our medicine cabinet, which has very little actual medicine in it. In there I spied the impulse purchase I made of two weekends ago. I bought little hair clips. Pink, purple, teal, yellow, white, orange, green and a repeat pink. Two of each, no bigger than to the first knuckle of your pinkie finger. Or depending on toe size, a small toe. They were a dollar, sale price after the holiday season of stocking stuffers. I couldn't resist. Nqmd has hair. The only child of mine to still have hair at this point, almost three months. She has recently scraped off a bald spot at the back of her knobbly head. I can't even feel any hair there. It is as smooth as her behind. I am slightly horrified. Thank goodness for the winter... hats are en vogue.
So here I am with these little hair clips... wondering when her hair will be long enough to put one in. I am slightly depressed to think it may be in the summer. I'm also wondering what kind of person I'm turning into... I ... like ... pink. Ahh, now there is something I have avoided admitting so far! I like putting my nqmd in pink. I LOVE putting her in dresses. I have purchased no less than seven pairs of leotards/tights whatever they are called these days... And she has worn all but two pairs! I also made a statement along the lines of "I don't care how much they cost, we are going to get these ones" Who would have thought that there was such a thing as bear bum tights? I am liking this girl thing! A little too much, but I am liking it. Yikes. How scary is this!
Should probably try and clean up the kitchen a bit. Just so the monsters don't feel the urge to play with the recycling this afternoon... again. And the orange hair clip would look so sweet with her outfit today! sigh....
posted by mm at 15:04 2 comments
Thursday, February 02, 2006
I'm getting a rash...

And it is pink!!!!
PINK PINK PINK ... who would have thought?!
I swore I wouldn't get girly.... I swore!
Yet, here I am with a pink snowsuit.
I can rationalize this. Monster #2 will still be wearing the bumble bee snowsuit next year (two piece black and yellow one from monster #1)! She needed one of her own! Right?
But the girl clothes. Oh the things nqmd wore... So much pink... So cute, so beautiful...
I have kept a few things for each child. Things that matter, the onesie with John Lennon sketches we bought at twelve weeks with Monster #1. The Orange Osh Kosh outfit while pregnant with Monster #2 and we couldn't get his heartbeat at the appointment that day. The clothes I sent to the hospital for nqmd to come home in.
She never wore the jammies again, but the undershirt was pink and was worn often. My midwife hunted in the birth box for the bag with the "girly" clothes I had discreetly wrapped up with hesitation... You can barely see the flowers on the sleeper, but the pink undershirt was there! I'm not so much mourning the "last baby" thoughts... more the fact that she is growing so fast. In fact rather too fast (According to the new WHO guidelines, only 5 % of girls are the same length as her!). It is going so fast.
Then again, I have things to look forward to as well.
Thanks to amazing techie (cyberstalker?) friend Jenn for these blasts from the past blog!!!
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Painted toes...
This is something that I have no idea how to do...
Thank goodness for Aunt Jenn, she will show us the way into girly world.
And yes, I did try the orange clip... monster #1 had the purple one, I had the pink one. We all had enough hair.. all round! YEAH!
posted by mm at 20:31 0 comments
Hurricanes in the kitchen and girly things...
I think one has... or is it just my being lazy? I have full knowledge that my husband will NOT be home before at least six p.m. ... so I am in no rush to do anything... Then again on those days he comes home to disaster, he says nothing then either. He just wades into the dishes and "putters". I think I am a lonely woman in that he actually enjoys cleaning!
Today after my very much appreciated, take the last of the warm water between loads of laundry, shower I found a recent purchase. I opened our medicine cabinet, which has very little actual medicine in it. In there I spied the impulse purchase I made of two weekends ago. I bought little hair clips. Pink, purple, teal, yellow, white, orange, green and a repeat pink. Two of each, no bigger than to the first knuckle of your pinkie finger. Or depending on toe size, a small toe. They were a dollar, sale price after the holiday season of stocking stuffers. I couldn't resist. Nqmd has hair. The only child of mine to still have hair at this point, almost three months. She has recently scraped off a bald spot at the back of her knobbly head. I can't even feel any hair there. It is as smooth as her behind. I am slightly horrified. Thank goodness for the winter... hats are en vogue.
So here I am with these little hair clips... wondering when her hair will be long enough to put one in. I am slightly depressed to think it may be in the summer. I'm also wondering what kind of person I'm turning into... I ... like ... pink. Ahh, now there is something I have avoided admitting so far! I like putting my nqmd in pink. I LOVE putting her in dresses. I have purchased no less than seven pairs of leotards/tights whatever they are called these days... And she has worn all but two pairs! I also made a statement along the lines of "I don't care how much they cost, we are going to get these ones" Who would have thought that there was such a thing as bear bum tights? I am liking this girl thing! A little too much, but I am liking it. Yikes. How scary is this!
Should probably try and clean up the kitchen a bit. Just so the monsters don't feel the urge to play with the recycling this afternoon... again. And the orange hair clip would look so sweet with her outfit today! sigh....
posted by mm at 15:04 2 comments
Thursday, February 02, 2006
I'm getting a rash...

And it is pink!!!!
PINK PINK PINK ... who would have thought?!
I swore I wouldn't get girly.... I swore!
Yet, here I am with a pink snowsuit.
I can rationalize this. Monster #2 will still be wearing the bumble bee snowsuit next year (two piece black and yellow one from monster #1)! She needed one of her own! Right?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home