mymomtoldmenottoblog: Never would have thought...






Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Never would have thought...



A little over eight years ago, I was finalizing our wedding plans...
material for dress check
pattern for dress check
shoes check
photographer, dinner, invitations, stamps, flowers ordered? yup....
Terminally ill father given six months to live? Drat!
Never would have thought he'd walk me down the aisle just two weeks after major surgery....
Never would have thought he'd be around when I had a child. Let alone three (3!). He and my mother drove to the hospital and picked up nqmd, husband and second midwife... he adores the neo natal neurologist. They had a great chat about sociology (which he taught) and the university he started his masters at in England which the Dr.'s sibling is attending in the same field that my father had... This is a photo of him holding her (you can see the "new" plastic covers after my midwife and doula cleared out everything else) after I'd had my fill and was just admiring her from afar...

The cancer is back. And it is worse than before.
Just when he got a clear bill from the cariologist.
Don't think I'm going to get another eight years this time. I can't even beg him to prove them wrong again...

Drat.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedSpiral said...

Damn!

Things like this make my head spin because of my own mom. It sounds like you love your dad very much and are close with him. Cancer sucks, sucks, sucks.

One day at a time, baby...

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. *hug* One day at a time is sound advice, but so hard to do! I'm wishing you strength, and hope you feel better soon.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter