mymomtoldmenottoblog: Blah kinda day...






Friday, December 21, 2007

Blah kinda day...

It is beautiful out there... like if you forget your mittens you will not die or be too cold!
*note we are expecting a pile of snow shortly!
Any hoo.
Blah day though.
M2 is about to lose his life if he doesn't smarten up. Md is fast on his heels (shocking! I know, who would have thought 18 months would make things well... double! sigh)
I descended upon R last night (waves hello!)
Kicked her butt *yes there is some truth to the suck it up doula title
gently kicked it though... in her delicate condition that is.
Got the i-tunes blasting.
Spent a ridiculous amount of money on Depeche mode a few nights ago.
I know that the things we have bought the monsters are really rather nice. And I know that they will like them. But seriously?! People are spending how much?
Are we just misers? Poor? Stupid, mean, cruel? I mean this morning one of the grandmothers said that she still needs to get a few little things for child x.... and y is done. Stupidly I asked what she bought them..... A Wii for the one, who needs more and a laptop for the younger sibling... a classmate of my child. She went on to rattle off the little things.... I was lost to conversation at that point.

Okay. I need to get a job with some serious money. If this is what kids get at six and eight... I'm in soooo much trouble!

Guess that Christmas at the monster house is going to suck.
Though his teacher was thrilled with her gift card.
She said m1 was so excited to tell her what he picked for her.

This year we have already received our midwife ... for that I'm thankful. Here is hoping a few more are trained here in North America too.
friends always 'buy' us tuition for a midwifery student in Africa/S.E. Asia.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

The whole Christmas thing HAS gotten way out of hand...a laptop for a grade schooler? Yeesh. Christmas spirit needs to come from your heart not your wallet. Maybe there is too little of the former among too many people these days so they feel the need to try and buy it.
I had it both ways growing up...one side of the family who tried to buy everything under the sun and one who gave me one thing that I really wanted. Guess who I felt closer to and more loved by? Really, truely, it wasn't the mountain of stuff people.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter