Eleven years ago this morning...
A great guy died.
He told me early on in our visits that I will not die when my sister is with me!
And he didn't. He waited until she was home and in bed surrounded by her own family.
It really hit me today. I don't mark these things on the calendar, but I remember when each of the people I worked with died. Funeral dates are hazy now... but those last days, yes.
I think I was taken aback so much because my own children are so young, like his nieces and nephews... I wonder if his parents have 'forgiven' either of them for continuing a relationship. I know she doesn't regret defying her father and continuing to love her brother for who he was in his lifetime. We've spoken over the years...
So today, in the rain and cold... I'll remember his clear eyes, and cool hands, his last words and peaceful death.
You taught me a lot! I only hope the journey after death was a good one too.
He told me early on in our visits that I will not die when my sister is with me!
And he didn't. He waited until she was home and in bed surrounded by her own family.
It really hit me today. I don't mark these things on the calendar, but I remember when each of the people I worked with died. Funeral dates are hazy now... but those last days, yes.
I think I was taken aback so much because my own children are so young, like his nieces and nephews... I wonder if his parents have 'forgiven' either of them for continuing a relationship. I know she doesn't regret defying her father and continuing to love her brother for who he was in his lifetime. We've spoken over the years...
So today, in the rain and cold... I'll remember his clear eyes, and cool hands, his last words and peaceful death.
You taught me a lot! I only hope the journey after death was a good one too.
Labels: in real life friends...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home