And it is only Wednesday...
Dear God... kill me now.
The school thing. Holy crap how much more s*&t do they plan on shovelling on before the end of the year? Husband is going to meet with someone later on. God help him if he doesn't rip a few heads off for my platter. I do not feel like playing dumb, or nicely. I know what has been done, what has definitely not been done... and am completely disgusted at how badly things have been "handled".
There is absolutely no reason for our friend to have spent hours here, with resources for us.... explaining things and setting up a letter for the school. NO REASON for this, other that the goodness of her heart, other than we have been let down.
Well, the good news out of all of it, is that we have a whole year to figure out how to make sure the next one (m2) isn't going to suck at the school thing too. Mostly hoping for a decent teacher in the opposite classroom/time slot. Here is hoping huh?
Spent most of the morning awake... between fevers of over a hundred and my own personal body misery in the form of coughing until I see stars.... yeah. Monsters slept until after eight. No school for us today. Wonder what m1's full time educational assistant got to do with her morning off from the horror that is my child? Yeah, would have been nice to walk in to that bit of news with some warning.... what? really? oh okay then. Of course they don't have to tell us, the parents, anything about what they are doing with our child.... okay. Sure. Remind me that I can become a worse parent now. Seeing as I'm not worthy of being kept in the know.
Y'know when a teacher informs you shortly after the comment of "we are working on calm" ... to quote.
"Don't blame yourself, lots of kids are like this.... but I believe your son has ADHD. You need to take him to your doctor and start doing something about it."
*note. I am almost positive this person said " lots of teachers children"... but I'm just pissed enough that I might be projecting...
Yeah, this is the nightmare I've been living since November. And yet, nary a piece of paperwork to be seen until last week. Of course that was just a form questionnaire for us to fill in, not consent to do anything... oh no.... can't have anything in terms of a concrete paper trail now can we?
So... long story short... this afternoon husband goes in to "talk" about this issue. later this afternoon we yell and scream at each other about how I'm not reacting properly to it, and I don't have m1's best interests first and whatever else he can level at me. I on the other hand will be sitting back fuming at him and his condescending attitude and how it would be so much nicer if he was the one walking in there every single day and hearing how awful it is going to be for m1 next year. Not that this matters. Who gives a shit at how crappy you make the parent feel. It is the kid who matters. Which I do not disagree with on the whole. But really? Am I the one with the FAS kid who is coming in at 10 because I was sleeping off last nights bender?
no... I'm not... but perhaps this would be easier to swallow if I was huh?
If someone doesn't validate my parking soon.... I'm going to go insane.
The school thing. Holy crap how much more s*&t do they plan on shovelling on before the end of the year? Husband is going to meet with someone later on. God help him if he doesn't rip a few heads off for my platter. I do not feel like playing dumb, or nicely. I know what has been done, what has definitely not been done... and am completely disgusted at how badly things have been "handled".
There is absolutely no reason for our friend to have spent hours here, with resources for us.... explaining things and setting up a letter for the school. NO REASON for this, other that the goodness of her heart, other than we have been let down.
Well, the good news out of all of it, is that we have a whole year to figure out how to make sure the next one (m2) isn't going to suck at the school thing too. Mostly hoping for a decent teacher in the opposite classroom/time slot. Here is hoping huh?
Spent most of the morning awake... between fevers of over a hundred and my own personal body misery in the form of coughing until I see stars.... yeah. Monsters slept until after eight. No school for us today. Wonder what m1's full time educational assistant got to do with her morning off from the horror that is my child? Yeah, would have been nice to walk in to that bit of news with some warning.... what? really? oh okay then. Of course they don't have to tell us, the parents, anything about what they are doing with our child.... okay. Sure. Remind me that I can become a worse parent now. Seeing as I'm not worthy of being kept in the know.
Y'know when a teacher informs you shortly after the comment of "we are working on calm" ... to quote.
"Don't blame yourself, lots of kids are like this.... but I believe your son has ADHD. You need to take him to your doctor and start doing something about it."
*note. I am almost positive this person said " lots of teachers children"... but I'm just pissed enough that I might be projecting...
Yeah, this is the nightmare I've been living since November. And yet, nary a piece of paperwork to be seen until last week. Of course that was just a form questionnaire for us to fill in, not consent to do anything... oh no.... can't have anything in terms of a concrete paper trail now can we?
So... long story short... this afternoon husband goes in to "talk" about this issue. later this afternoon we yell and scream at each other about how I'm not reacting properly to it, and I don't have m1's best interests first and whatever else he can level at me. I on the other hand will be sitting back fuming at him and his condescending attitude and how it would be so much nicer if he was the one walking in there every single day and hearing how awful it is going to be for m1 next year. Not that this matters. Who gives a shit at how crappy you make the parent feel. It is the kid who matters. Which I do not disagree with on the whole. But really? Am I the one with the FAS kid who is coming in at 10 because I was sleeping off last nights bender?
no... I'm not... but perhaps this would be easier to swallow if I was huh?
If someone doesn't validate my parking soon.... I'm going to go insane.
Labels: I'm still crabby., m1, the school thing..., what the heck?


2 Comments:
Get husband to check with someone in his own division...but I am virtually POSITIVE that a school cannot either; tell a paretn to take their child to a doctor...nor can they diagnose (and yes, saying, "we think your son has XXXX" is the same as diagnosing...I have a degree in this shit!!). It would not be unfair for him to comment on either of these vilifications as they are, I believe, universally unnacceptable.
Thanks for the thoughts for the kid...he's doing good-ish now, needs to drink more, but pretty good.
Husband doesn't give a rats ass about what has transpired since this all started.
Have to live the hell that is dished out to me and smile while I suck it up.
must play nicely.
must play nicely.
must play nicely...
=(
Post a Comment
<< Home