And I was hoping for something new this year!
|
Well then. Despite thoughts to the contrary, I was a very good girl on the weekend. The worst I did was ask a soon to be mom why she thought that it was acceptable that her doctor insist that she needs an episiotomy? The gal manning the booth with me (a CBE) did a demonstration of what it means to tear and what it mean to have a cut. We basically asked her to challenge the physician. I think what did it for her was my comment of.
But it is your body.
Who lets another person, you barely know do things to your body because they want to?
I have so much I could say. But I won't. For the most part I'd say we had a good crowd. Most of the teen mums already had a doula. About half of the other people were well informed and taking control of their births.
A few made me want to cry. Those who couldn't get midwifery and wanted it! The few who were obviously high...
This coming weekend will be even more women. I hope I catch a groove early on. It took me a while to get my little song and dance down.
So... whose life am I going to make miserable this year?


1 Comments:
Well... Hopefully an Episiotomy-Happy OB's...
;)
Post a Comment
<< Home