mymomtoldmenottoblog: This is exactly what I thought!






Thursday, December 14, 2006

This is exactly what I thought!

Jenn said...
Sit her down with me....I'm dying to take my general frustration out on someone...
you know the cruelest joke of all? Women who are taking fertility drugs experience the same emotional highs and lows that other women feel during a cycle, but bigger...the highs are higher and the lows are lower...why then does the biggest low have to come at the same time as the obvious news that for yet another month the drugs failed???
just mean.
So bring her on...she wants to complain about pregnancy or childbirth or lack of "me time"...i'll eat her ALIVE!!!



That was the first thing that ran through my mind. What about letting someone who actually "thought about it" before getting pregnant talk to her. How about someone who tells the truth about being a parent?
My goodness, I figure between the two of us dear Jenn we could scare the bejeeebers out of the girl! This morning all I could think was...

Why am I doing the leg work for her?
Why should I give her the link to the local doula groups, the alternative (from RHA that is) childbirth classes?
WHY didn't she look in her own copy of the yellow pages for "childbirth classes"?

The answer...
it wasn't relevant.


And the fact of the matter is, that it now is all of a sudden something important.
Thankfully before the baby arrives... but still. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
*answer
she wasn't.

The fact of the matter is that I am more interested in women who do care,
who do want to have a baby,
who do want to do the best they can in their pregnancy and childbirth for that baby (and themselves).
And yes, most of all the women who so desperately want that baby, and get the crappy end of the hcg stick. sniffling here.
So the suck it up princess (it's supposed to hurt, we can get through it) doula is going to do the minimum. She is going to highly recommend the doula route (yeah, not going to hold my breath) and as before... wish her well and up my bet to three weeks post partum melt down, if she bothers to look at any of it. I do not feel that I am the best choice to sit down with her... I'd end up losing it and saying something horrible (like she does at least once a week with husband)...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I wasn't being flip...i would happily sit down with her...I will promise to have a snack before i leave the house...i will leave her intact to continue driving (infrequently)...but i don't promise i won't make her cry!!

it really is the crappy end of the HCG stick isn't it...
ironic...every month you pee on it and fate/g*d/life craps all over the results.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

heh, heh..."suck it up princess..."

Hh

:)

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter