Another e-mail
*I've removed the names
Hi there.
Still putzy labour. Gosh I love that term!
I was wrapping *twin #1's birth day present when a contraction hit and I thought of your message you left me when you were in labour with *monster #2. Remembering your voice hit me quite hard. I remember the quiver in your voice, the hint of panic as you said "oh geeze here comes another one!" I remember coming home and agonizing calling you back to give you support. I didn't call, I just hoped and prayed for a good journey. You so deserved it.
It was this memory that hit me tonight that you are the only friend who hasn't insisted on knowing if I'm going un-assisted or if *lovely midwife will break all the rules and come to me in labour.
I then realized that like you. I needed to reach out to a friend, not necessarily a good friend or a friend who can come over and help me. The friend who I need have them know that I'm in labour. Tag, you're it.
I'll call or get *husband or child #1 to write to you when the little ones have truly arrived.
Thank you for the amazingly sweet words of hope to my last message.
Thank you for not asking so many questions. I'm going to call my mother in a bit, *child #1 had expressed this may be too yucky for her liking.
Love
*mama to three, soon to be five
Hi there.
Still putzy labour. Gosh I love that term!
I was wrapping *twin #1's birth day present when a contraction hit and I thought of your message you left me when you were in labour with *monster #2. Remembering your voice hit me quite hard. I remember the quiver in your voice, the hint of panic as you said "oh geeze here comes another one!" I remember coming home and agonizing calling you back to give you support. I didn't call, I just hoped and prayed for a good journey. You so deserved it.
It was this memory that hit me tonight that you are the only friend who hasn't insisted on knowing if I'm going un-assisted or if *lovely midwife will break all the rules and come to me in labour.
I then realized that like you. I needed to reach out to a friend, not necessarily a good friend or a friend who can come over and help me. The friend who I need have them know that I'm in labour. Tag, you're it.
I'll call or get *husband or child #1 to write to you when the little ones have truly arrived.
Thank you for the amazingly sweet words of hope to my last message.
Thank you for not asking so many questions. I'm going to call my mother in a bit, *child #1 had expressed this may be too yucky for her liking.
Love
*mama to three, soon to be five


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home