Great... now I've got guilt!
So... living in an almost 100 year old house... comes with perks. Cool design, character, multiple feet high ceilings, amazing banister, hardwood floors..... little brown mouse.
Screeeeeech!
So, yeah, caught the little bugger.
Now then... I have no qualms with evicting it from its basement home... but....
cue small children....
but mouse is alive?
mouse is going to be cold!
mouse is going to be sad to leave!
...
So here I am. I don't want to prolong its suffering (stuck to sticky trap)... but.... now I'm feeling all
Cripes.... now I wait for husband to get home and dispose of it... right?
Yes, I'm pawning off the hangman's duties on him. Despite my soul being in the banged up/questionable condition it is... his could use some more tarnish ... right?
no mitts. no toque, no scarf is gonna let me allow that little thing live in MY HOME! ahem.... I did google humane ways to dispose of it.... I'm not driving 2-3 kms from my home to 'release it'. So yeah... we are cruel nasty people.
Screeeeeech!
So, yeah, caught the little bugger.
Now then... I have no qualms with evicting it from its basement home... but....
cue small children....
but mouse is alive?
mouse is going to be cold!
mouse is going to be sad to leave!
...
So here I am. I don't want to prolong its suffering (stuck to sticky trap)... but.... now I'm feeling all
one of Gods creatures
Cripes.... now I wait for husband to get home and dispose of it... right?
Yes, I'm pawning off the hangman's duties on him. Despite my soul being in the banged up/questionable condition it is... his could use some more tarnish ... right?
no mitts. no toque, no scarf is gonna let me allow that little thing live in MY HOME! ahem.... I did google humane ways to dispose of it.... I'm not driving 2-3 kms from my home to 'release it'. So yeah... we are cruel nasty people.
Labels: the house


3 Comments:
poison is the rodent-killer of choice in my apartment.....they go outside to die which means no work for me! guess that doesn't work so well with small monsters around though eh?
Nope, poison also kills large dog pretty much within minutes... so yeah... sticky traps it is here...
you sent that poor little mousie out into the cold?!?!?! with no mittens?
;)
just teasing.
Post a Comment
<< Home