Mucus, neighbors and Timmys
The mucus is still plentiful. I think I'm going to have to drag the humidifier up from the basement... Anyone have any idea where it might be? Ugh, the basement!
Lets not discuss the basement shall we.
Good, glad we agreed on that one!
I think that some of this hacking and coughing and runny nose may be blamed on teeth (monster #2) or the lack of (nqmd). But we have yet to ever live in a home with central air conditioning, and there used to be a cat in residence (so far I assumed I was the only one with feline allergies)... soo.... maybe these have all combined into the "lets keep mom (and dad to some extent) up for hours on end and be miserable for our waking hours too.
Too tired to comment on how exhausted I am.
The neighbor "works with abused children".
This comment was met with a huge fight with husband over my "over reaction" to it.
I may get into this more later... for now lets just say I've been crying for about an hour and am going to censor every single word that I say to my children within earshot of this woman. Living in fear, just what I needed. #*$%!
I found a booklet of Tim Hortons coupons in our mailbox this morning. Have a feeling they may have come from the women I spoke of on Friday night. In hindsight I'm a little frightened of how it may have played out. We were very lucky it ended the way it did. I have to admit I was a little worried he may have followed them home, but the noise from his "hog" would have tipped them off I'm sure. I just keep thinking I should have insisted they come in for a while to make sure he lost interest. Have to admit, I'm going to watch for them from now on. See if they were responsible for the caffeine supply =)
*speaking of bad parenting... no not really.... okay a little.
Nephews. OMG!
This is why I'm going to live in fear. I do not want any of my monsters to make my parents so upset after only three days. I could hear my mothers voice break like she was going to cry.
So in defense of my bad parent status *yes I am a bad parent
1. NEVER will we have a gameboy, playstation or some such videogaming devices in our home. No dear sister in law there are sincere doubts about the hand eye co-ordination thing that you tried to make out as so great in your little progeny. Perhaps it is the shock of how unhealthy your kids look and the glazed eyes that had nothing to do with the airtravel... perhaps?
-it takes husband about an hour into the first day of school to pick out which ones have these devices in their lives without any parental boundaries over their use.
2. Same goes for televisions in their room. Uh ugh. No way!
-even if we could afford to provide this sort of thing... not going to happen.
3. Chicken nuggets, french fries and soda. Condescending to consume the occasional waffle/pancake or grilled cheese sandwich may occur. Major food groups to them and I won't even go into the breakfast cereal issues... Yes, I consume Froot Loops any chance I can get them. Which reminded me just now of snarfing bowls of the stuff last summer while rather pregnant with very pregnant friend (mere days before babys arrival). That was fun.
-we fight over food all the time in our house. We force our monsters to eat at least a little of everything that is set before them. It isn't a pretty thing to eat at our home. But at least mine eat bread, milk, carrots, pasta.... okay here is what threw me over the edge on Friday...
"I won't feed them Kraft Dinner (for my American friends, I believe it is called Kraft Macaroni and Cheese)"... okay, well, huh? I figured that it might be something they would consume but it is vetoed? I don't carry a large supply of the stuff, may buy a flat of it on sale twice a year, but wow. That is not healthy eating? whoa.
My parents are thankful that we offered to have them stay with us for a day or two during the visit. Sister in law was all for it too... They arrive on Wednesday sometime after lunch. Which is frightening too, as I suggested a picnic because where the wind turbines are, does not have much in the way of restaurants (okay, we didn't notice anywhere, but there may be something). The nephews don't do sandwiches, fruit or vegetables. Staples of a picnic in our house. In fact monster #2 seems to prefer to consume carrots al fresco.
I'm fairly certain that my parents are going to be recovering from this for a while. The visit was for less than a week, but still... wow.
Going to try and sleep on the couch... snort.
While writing this I've been up to see monster #2 twice and nqmd once. They are both still hacking away... ugh ugh ugh. So much for nighttime Nyqill for him and tylenol cough and cold for her... blech. I'm downing tylenol just to get rid of the agony that is my aching body!
Lets not discuss the basement shall we.
Good, glad we agreed on that one!
I think that some of this hacking and coughing and runny nose may be blamed on teeth (monster #2) or the lack of (nqmd). But we have yet to ever live in a home with central air conditioning, and there used to be a cat in residence (so far I assumed I was the only one with feline allergies)... soo.... maybe these have all combined into the "lets keep mom (and dad to some extent) up for hours on end and be miserable for our waking hours too.
Too tired to comment on how exhausted I am.
The neighbor "works with abused children".
This comment was met with a huge fight with husband over my "over reaction" to it.
I may get into this more later... for now lets just say I've been crying for about an hour and am going to censor every single word that I say to my children within earshot of this woman. Living in fear, just what I needed. #*$%!
I found a booklet of Tim Hortons coupons in our mailbox this morning. Have a feeling they may have come from the women I spoke of on Friday night. In hindsight I'm a little frightened of how it may have played out. We were very lucky it ended the way it did. I have to admit I was a little worried he may have followed them home, but the noise from his "hog" would have tipped them off I'm sure. I just keep thinking I should have insisted they come in for a while to make sure he lost interest. Have to admit, I'm going to watch for them from now on. See if they were responsible for the caffeine supply =)
*speaking of bad parenting... no not really.... okay a little.
Nephews. OMG!
This is why I'm going to live in fear. I do not want any of my monsters to make my parents so upset after only three days. I could hear my mothers voice break like she was going to cry.
So in defense of my bad parent status *yes I am a bad parent
1. NEVER will we have a gameboy, playstation or some such videogaming devices in our home. No dear sister in law there are sincere doubts about the hand eye co-ordination thing that you tried to make out as so great in your little progeny. Perhaps it is the shock of how unhealthy your kids look and the glazed eyes that had nothing to do with the airtravel... perhaps?
-it takes husband about an hour into the first day of school to pick out which ones have these devices in their lives without any parental boundaries over their use.
2. Same goes for televisions in their room. Uh ugh. No way!
-even if we could afford to provide this sort of thing... not going to happen.
3. Chicken nuggets, french fries and soda. Condescending to consume the occasional waffle/pancake or grilled cheese sandwich may occur. Major food groups to them and I won't even go into the breakfast cereal issues... Yes, I consume Froot Loops any chance I can get them. Which reminded me just now of snarfing bowls of the stuff last summer while rather pregnant with very pregnant friend (mere days before babys arrival). That was fun.
-we fight over food all the time in our house. We force our monsters to eat at least a little of everything that is set before them. It isn't a pretty thing to eat at our home. But at least mine eat bread, milk, carrots, pasta.... okay here is what threw me over the edge on Friday...
"I won't feed them Kraft Dinner (for my American friends, I believe it is called Kraft Macaroni and Cheese)"... okay, well, huh? I figured that it might be something they would consume but it is vetoed? I don't carry a large supply of the stuff, may buy a flat of it on sale twice a year, but wow. That is not healthy eating? whoa.
Hi! I'm mm and I love Froot Loops... but my monsters will eat corn, bran and oat flaked/o shaped cereals with as much gusto and love. With milk too... unlike other children cough*nephews*sputter.
My parents are thankful that we offered to have them stay with us for a day or two during the visit. Sister in law was all for it too... They arrive on Wednesday sometime after lunch. Which is frightening too, as I suggested a picnic because where the wind turbines are, does not have much in the way of restaurants (okay, we didn't notice anywhere, but there may be something). The nephews don't do sandwiches, fruit or vegetables. Staples of a picnic in our house. In fact monster #2 seems to prefer to consume carrots al fresco.
I'm fairly certain that my parents are going to be recovering from this for a while. The visit was for less than a week, but still... wow.
Going to try and sleep on the couch... snort.
While writing this I've been up to see monster #2 twice and nqmd once. They are both still hacking away... ugh ugh ugh. So much for nighttime Nyqill for him and tylenol cough and cold for her... blech. I'm downing tylenol just to get rid of the agony that is my aching body!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home