Screams of fury... again.
Luckily they have nothing to do with my mother...
I was asked to talk to a pregnant mother about my broken tail bone... and delivery.
Her OB is insistent that she needs to schedule a c/s.
INSISTENT.
I asked her how long ago it was broken?
Almost two years.
Has it been manipulated or treated in some way? Chiropractor?
Nope.
Had she broached the idea of trying to deliver on hands and knees?
her answer....
Oh, well... That is what ____ said you did. I asked Dr. God (yes, that is me lashing out) and he said I couldn't.
Did Dr. God (frantically scribbling the name with devil horns and flames in my "doula notes" book) say why that isn't an option?
No.
Well, maybe you could revisit it at your next appointment... If you feel that you don't need to have surgery you can advocate for yourself.
Ummmm yeah.
I ran the conversation to other things... with a bit of a tilt towards the realities of having a c/s...
Like her mentioning going to visit her family immediately post partum... She was not aware that it would take a few days to get out of the hospital.
Dr. God said I'd be home the same as anyone else.
In an attempt to keep from drooling as bad as my nqmd, I snapped my mouth shut. I brought up the fact that this is major surgery. Abdominal surgery. This is something that can affect your body for the rest of your life.
Really, it doesn't seem like a big deal. Its just a c/s... Don't women have them all the time?
I was a good girl. I was a good doula-ish person. I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT AND LET THAT ONE GO!
I continued with my notes and brought up some of the cold hard facts. Nothing too radical.. just the few little things. Some personal anecdotes, like the fact that I still have no feeling in my abdomen where they cut through me... The fact that I gave birth to nqmd 18 months and one hour after I broke my tailbone with monster #2.
Finally she said.
Wow, this is serious isn't it?
Yeah, it is.
I was asked to talk to a pregnant mother about my broken tail bone... and delivery.
Her OB is insistent that she needs to schedule a c/s.
INSISTENT.
I asked her how long ago it was broken?
Almost two years.
Has it been manipulated or treated in some way? Chiropractor?
Nope.
Had she broached the idea of trying to deliver on hands and knees?
her answer....
Oh, well... That is what ____ said you did. I asked Dr. God (yes, that is me lashing out) and he said I couldn't.
Did Dr. God (frantically scribbling the name with devil horns and flames in my "doula notes" book) say why that isn't an option?
No.
Well, maybe you could revisit it at your next appointment... If you feel that you don't need to have surgery you can advocate for yourself.
Ummmm yeah.
I ran the conversation to other things... with a bit of a tilt towards the realities of having a c/s...
Like her mentioning going to visit her family immediately post partum... She was not aware that it would take a few days to get out of the hospital.
Dr. God said I'd be home the same as anyone else.
In an attempt to keep from drooling as bad as my nqmd, I snapped my mouth shut. I brought up the fact that this is major surgery. Abdominal surgery. This is something that can affect your body for the rest of your life.
Really, it doesn't seem like a big deal. Its just a c/s... Don't women have them all the time?
I was a good girl. I was a good doula-ish person. I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT AND LET THAT ONE GO!
I continued with my notes and brought up some of the cold hard facts. Nothing too radical.. just the few little things. Some personal anecdotes, like the fact that I still have no feeling in my abdomen where they cut through me... The fact that I gave birth to nqmd 18 months and one hour after I broke my tailbone with monster #2.
Finally she said.
Wow, this is serious isn't it?
Yeah, it is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home