mymomtoldmenottoblog: Feeling childish...






Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Feeling childish...

If my monsters figure they have the market cornered... The haven't seen anything yet!
I have two elder siblings... monsters in their own right = )
The eldest of them is coming for a visit this weekend. With his wife and child... Whom I haven't met. Who I do not want to meet. Who I honestly don't give a rats behind about.
My mother on the other hand. Thinks that I'd get along so well with the wife. Apperently I will some day regret not having contact with my sibling. Apparently I need to
grow up
.
I also don't have enough consistency in my childrens life.
I should discipline monster #1 immediately and at all times (see consistency idea)
I am spoiling nqmd by carrying her too much.
and...
Monster #2 is being treated unfairly, I shouldn't expect so much from him... he is still a baby really....

Can you hear my screams yet? Yup, that would be those howls of fury carried on the wind. I figure I brought on the massive thunderstorm we had last night with my miserable demeanor. *I am blaming husband who finally thought to call me at 5:30 to tell me he would be home after 8 or so... he was supposed to be home around the time he called* Hormonal my foot. Irritated is a little closer to reality!

So my mother is in a snit about my not jumping on the "welcome back the prodigal son" type of thing... Sorry, but I spent 80-90% of my life without this person. And when he was around in between it wasn't pleasant. To have contact is my parents decision. They want to be a part of his life, go ahead. Not my call, not my child, I don't care (my mother hates when I say that!). I don't pick out their friends, so why should I care who they talk to in the blood relative world? He showed up shortly before my marriage (on a completely freaky level so did my husbands sister who is of the same character). He got married, he has had a child with this woman. He has "grown up" and "is living a good life". Okay. So? I am thrilled for him. Good that he quit smoking before the baby came. Good for him that he kicked the recreational pharmaceutical habit. I am just not interested. My middle sibling has contact. When we carefully discussed it last summer, he made the comment that it was mostly his wife's thing. So the argument that everyone else is talking to him won't work with me. Nope, not jumping off that bridge just because you asked mom.
So my mother is in a snit. I am in a snit. My parenting is a nice big button for my mother to push... let the games begin!
Not messing with the time/date stamp... was supposed to go up yesterday. Still in a snit! hrump

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter