mymomtoldmenottoblog: Preparations.






Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Preparations.

So it looks like the trip to MN is a go.
We are booked into a B&B decorated by Martha on Crack... or more apt make me laugh so hard I started to choke;
Martha on meth... that ought to be lovely.
They don't allow guests under 12, but will make an exception for the md. We of course aren't allowed to dine with the rest of the "romantic getaway guests" in the main dining room. We will be seated in an alcove off the main area.
I'm having this odd urge to buy her some frilly lace and polyester dress so she matches the decor...
Yeah. okay moving on.

So in preparation for my mother coming to care for the monsters I figured I'd better get things in order. Or she would do it for me.
Tonight after the chiropractic/massage heaven that I enjoyed... I went and cleared out the pantry. Six or so months since I started tossing things in it.
Found a last lonely box of Kraft Dinner.
Some "package" mixes for soups and such which got turfed. A bunch of left over Halloween candy... also turfed... well the chocolate and a single package of Doritos are in a plastic bag hidden from view.
I put all the boys snack things (granola bars, fruit gummy things, cookies I put into baggies) in a plastic basket so that my mother can see them.
I have the juice in plain sight too. Hopefully the boys don't get too much into them over the weekend. I will hide them again on Monday.
The end result...

Finally I found these hidden behind the tuna and soup.
Husbands only request for his parents when they were on the east coast two years ago.
I blame Canada Reads*.



Tomorrow I work on the boys dressers. Make sure only the clothes that fit are in them.
And hide monster #1's clothes for his class he will be missing on Saturday. Hopefully I can arrange a playdate for him, so he doesn't really notice missing it!

I'm going to IKEA!
AND TARGET!!!!!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*the book Justin Trudeau suggests... graces one of the bookshelves in our basement.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter