mymomtoldmenottoblog: I hate it when I'm right....






Friday, May 12, 2006

I hate it when I'm right....

So, I took nqmd, monsters 1 and 2 to the health clinic this morning. Just to satiate my curiosity. One of the PHN's was due to have her baby in late April. I figure it should have arrived by now...
C/S.
Apologies to Hannah now...
DAMN!
She was told a few times... oh this one is going to be big.
drat.
10 lbs 2 oz.
It also makes her 8 for 8 on moms enrolled in the "new" ultrasound study that a local hospital is running. All of them were c/s. ONE, was a breech baby at 36 weeks and of course you cannot do anything for that on a vbac mother...
chiropratic maneuvers
OFP
ECV (which apparently they don't do on vbac moms here?!)

This is almost as depressing as my behavior with another PHN there...

I haven't been to the last two ppd meetings. I don't think I'll go back, not that I'm feeling fine, complete opposite actually, but I don't feel I belong there. I find myself walking away so very angry. Out of 17 that I've met, I'm a vbac mom and another mom has one baby. Everyone else has been sectioned for various reasons... Only one of them was on my Real Reasons List. Just one. That in itself is depressing.

ANYWAY, The PHN who helps out with the group asked if I'd noticed that Brooke Sheilds had her baby... Yes, I laughed at the irony of this one and Mr. Cruises daughter sharing birthdays. She said she had a copy of her book, because she remembered I was the only one who hadn't read it.
I thanked her for the offer, but I do not want to read Ms. Sheilds book.
Why would I want to read a book written by a woman who is the same "birth mindset" as Britney Spears? Those two are setting back birth to at least a generation ago.
Once a cesarean, always a cesarean.
I'm thrilled she brought ppd to light, but without taking ownership over her birth and how the medical community destroyed it (she was induced, then the epidural, then....).
I have no time for it. I'm paraphrasing here, but I believe her comment on Oprah was

"Next time I'll just schedule a c/s, that will make it easier/better"

I can't remember the exact words. But that is the gist of it.
Take a look at the amount of sectioned moms in the group. There is only X and I who haven't had one *yes I've had ONE, and only one!*. Y was sectioned for a transverse baby with inadequate anesthesia... come on. Look at it. I just hope that PHN who just had her baby is being well supported so she doesn't feel she needs to come to the meetings too!

I'm not sure if I'll be welcomed back at that office again....
and I behaved myself somewhat... didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter