mymomtoldmenottoblog: Decorating with toddlers.






Thursday, March 23, 2006

Decorating with toddlers.

This is something that should take place with controls in place... like a massive staff to help out. I am thinking of those sweet clips and photos you see with Martha. Yeah, not so much at my house!
In an effort to raise my spirits... which are deteriorating with the lack of sleep that makes me cranky, that makes me feel like a bad parent, that makes... well you all get the idea. ANYWAY, so in an effort to feel a bit better. We are decorating for spring. Pussy willow branches, window stickers, fun ant fabric placemats, bunnies, chicks and general sweetness and light.
Of course I do not have the luxury of controlled parameters in my home. Dog has eaten two crayons that were dropped during a colouring break. The branches have had a few fuzzies plucked. More than one decoration has been plucked with the fuzzy... I have chosen to carefully place my favourite bunnies way up high, like adult eye level. I'm also a little leary of the idea of anything below adult eye level at the moment. Last year, monster #2 was crawling. This year he is scaling mountains and slick surfaces like a tree frog. Which brings me the window decorations... which are also at adult eye level after being carted lovingly all over the house and being howled at for not sticking to the dog, the cupboard, dads legs and of course... himself. Yeah, monster # 2 had some huge disappointments this morning. The biggest indignity was his father leaving him for the day. Lucky man. They never cry when I leave... Just a BYE See you later BYE! I envy the leaving, not the lack of crying. Well maybe a little crying would do me some good, or would there be guilt? hmmmm....
Well, should probably make an attempt to dig out nqmd. Her siblings have decided to shower her with toys in a show of affection. So far she has three teddy bears (including one that is so disgusting I carefully moved it with tongs to the laundry), a turtle, two moose, three rabbits, a lamb, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, one large duck, three books (good night moon, one duck stuck and the boys potty book), a laundry basket I just emptied of their clean clothes. The consensus is that we should put her in the basket. IN IN IN. Lets see what happens when mom folds herself up in the basket and demands juice and crackers with peanut butter and I'M HUNGRY! Actually I'll be busy doing this. A much more realistic goal for the morning.
=)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

There would be guilt...biggest monkey used to play...Let's see if Mommy will cry???
Will Mommy cry if I hit her nose? No
Will Mommy cry if I pull her hair? No
Will Mommy cry if I stand at the window while she is pulling out of the driveway and I bang on the glass and scream..."Mumm, mumm, mumm!!!"?
Yup, that'll do it

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter