I should do a cancer post. I should make it separate... but it is so embedded in my world right now. I did the "risks" challenge that Doulicia found... by the way, that woman gets my vote for coolest thought provoking posts in the last week or so!
I made the comment that I should be dead shortly... and I should. No joke there.
Right now I am in the denial phase of how can this be happening to a friends family, much to my horror I am stumbling for words for them as well.
And with my own father... he is stumbling through taking control of his own path. He has agreed that if he is still alive come Christmas (deep breath, there is spell check for blurred through tears typing) he will do radiation in the New Year.
I've done enough hospice care to know what lies ahead. I want my father to die without all the crap and sickness... but I don't want him to die at all.
He told me yesterday that it is better for him to go and my friends husband to have many more years with his family.
I know that it makes sense and it is true... late 70's vrs. early 30's. But does it have to hurt so much?
Damn. I hate being so smothered between entrance and exit from this world.
I made the comment that I should be dead shortly... and I should. No joke there.
Right now I am in the denial phase of how can this be happening to a friends family, much to my horror I am stumbling for words for them as well.
And with my own father... he is stumbling through taking control of his own path. He has agreed that if he is still alive come Christmas (deep breath, there is spell check for blurred through tears typing) he will do radiation in the New Year.
I've done enough hospice care to know what lies ahead. I want my father to die without all the crap and sickness... but I don't want him to die at all.
He told me yesterday that it is better for him to go and my friends husband to have many more years with his family.
I know that it makes sense and it is true... late 70's vrs. early 30's. But does it have to hurt so much?
Damn. I hate being so smothered between entrance and exit from this world.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home